Recently I started reading Sheryl Sandbergs' book "Lean in".
Since a few months I am dealing with key questions such as:
- What about women's chance in a fast forward moving globalized and transforming world?
- How can they contribute with all their special gifts of being a woman including thinking, acting and feeling?
- How will this be an advantage for all - for men and women equally?
- How will they make the world even better?
- And why do most women - especially in the occidential world - still lack behind men?
Unfortunately only a few women have the power and the guts to compete in the hard and transforming business world. I realized this fact when I visited my former host mom Nora in Chicago / USA. She was presenting her book at a famous book store. When I strolled around I found only two powerful and successful women who wrote a book about their experience in a man's business world. Nancy Pelosi - the former leader of the US House of Representatives - and Sheryl Sandberg - COO of Facebook.
I really wanted to get to know why and what these both women have to tell us in their books. Well, both stressed out the poor role of women in the business world and pointed out the true gift of women's power how to make the business world better.
It is an accomplishment - men and women. They are like Yin and Yan. Black and white - and somehow grey in all facettes.
Especially reading Sheryl's story made me stronger in my believes of positive women business power and be aware that it is still a long way to go.
The book of Sheryl is like a gift for me and I would like to share this with all people blogger.
More to view: